Sunday 17 October 2010

Gatward on tour...

To be honest, I can hardly believe it myself. On tour? Me? Seriously? Feels very surreal. This is one of those things that you hear of other people doing, great authors, famous authors, huge international names.

And now me.

I'm not ready. I'm scared. I'm out of my depth. But at the same time I'm as giddy as a giraffe on a roundabout!

Tomorrow I'm at Heathfield Community College. Two events. WHAT?!

Let me say that again: WHAT?!

I know what I'm doing, I know what my 'event' is all about. Essentially, instead of simply standing there and reading from my book and talking about it, I kind of run about the stage like an idiot, make a fool of myself, dress up, and hope to God that not only do the kids enjoy it, that they don't think, "OK, has anyone brought along some rotten eggs to throw at dufus over there?"

I'm loving this. It's a dream and I'm in it. For real. Me. On tour. Talking about my books. What's NOT to love?

So I guess I better just knuckle down, man-up, and get on with it. I mean, I've jumped out of a plane, I've seen two ghosts, I've even (and you won't believe this, but it's true) been to Blackpool and seen the illuminations at least three times! YES! THREE TIMES! AAAAARGH!

If I can do all that, I can do this. I want to do this. It's yet another beginning of something.

I'm loving this ride. It's a crazy, white-knuckle killer, but it's the one ride in all the park I've been queueing for a hell of a long time to get on. And I reckon it's so gonna be worth the wait ...

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment