Sunday 8 July 2012


Jon Mayhew, Author of Mortlock and Other Gothic Tomes, Reviews Doom Rider




This review was posted last night. It's brilliant! The link's at the bottom - worth checking so that you can hang out with Jon and his awesomeness.


"Two confessions: I've met David Gatward on a few occassions and found him to be a tolerably decent chap and Hodder sent me a proof copy to read, which was very kind of them.

I really enjoyed this book. It's pacy and Seth immediately got my sympathy. He's edgy but as you read, it becomes obvious why. I loved the world Gatward painted. A world not far from this one where people put their faith in false prophets and it's impossible to distinguish who are the real ones! A world of chaos and political manipulation. And yet we still see something worth saving through the loyalty and friendship of the characters. There are moments of real sorrow for Seth and some great horror scenes too.

What I loved most of all, though, were the horses. A horseman of the apolcalypse has to have a horse right? And these monstrous bruisers are not of the My Little Pony mould. They're brilliant skull-crushing monsters that any doom-merchant would be proud to ride!


Doom Rider is an action-packed and thought-provoking adventure that will appeal to fans of The Dead, The Dark and The Damned. Go out and buy it now while you're waiting for my next book."



(http://jonmayhem.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/doom-rider.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment