Tuesday 25 February 2014

Wot no zombies?

OK, I'll admit it: i'm not watching The Walking Dead. I caught a few of the first ones then dropped out. I've no doubt it's brilliant. I just couldn't be bothered with all the zombies.

When I was writing my Dead Trilogy, I wanted to make sure it wasn't zombies. I wanted my Dead to have an emotional drive, a need beyond that of "brains... BRAINS..."

So I kinda used the idea of purgatory, but twisted it. I wanted the Dead to be trapped between heaven and hell by their own thirst to live again. Then I found a quote by Mark Twain (a total genius):

"Pity is for the living, envy is for the dead."

And there I had it: ENVY!

Wow - what a nut kicker of an emotional drive! There's so much weight behind that word! It's got lust wrapped up in it. A single-minded-twisted-ness too.

Envy...

And there they were, my Dead. No brainless brain-munching morons. But driven creatures who wanted to live, and would do anything to experience life again, even if for only a few moments.

I loved writing The Dead Trilogy. I'm really proud of it. And having it out now in the US is a proper honour.

And you know what? Something ace is happening right now...

We got ourselves a special promotion folks! The three books, starting with The Dead, are on Kindle Countdown. So you want to grab a copy for 99cents? Then click on the link below before the price goes back to normal again on March 1!

After that, The Dark comes in, ending on March 7, and then The Damned.

So get 'em while you can at a bargain basement price! Just click below and you're in!


No comments:

Post a Comment